Ceramic Biomedia Plate
Biological filtration is the number one key to a nice and stable reef tank, and anytime we can sneak in some MarinePure Biomedia into an All in one tank, sump, or even overflows we will. We have run density tests and they have proved to be more porous than any live rock we could find. They are a great base for sponge growth, microfauna, and even coral frags.
MarinePure is an inert ceramic material with open flow architecture, extremely high surface area and natural wetting properties. 5,750 square feet of surface area. Resistant to clogging and greatly reduces tank maintenance.
The media’s composition is similar to natural rock formations. MarinePure provides approximately 150,000 sq. Ft per cu. Ft (510 m2/L) of accessible surface area. The properties of MarinePure create a stable home for a dense population of beneficial bacteria that remove ammonia and nitrites from your aquarium. Some systems will also see a decrease in nitrates. MarinePure will work in sumps, trickle filters, wet/dry filters, hang on the back filters or directly in the tank.
- 100% Tank Tested
- Most technically advanced bio-filtration substrate
- High usable surface area for beneficial bacteria growth
- Open porosity means maximum bacteria exposure to contaminates and promotes excellent water circulation and less clogging
- Designed specifically to target ammonia and nitrite removal and minimizes nitrates
- Inert and chemically stable
- Greater than 80% open porosity
- Provides consistent water chemistry
- Reduces tank maintenance
- Able to support large fish loads
- Can be cleaned, reused and sterilized
Compare MarinePure Products
Surface area (per indvidual piece)
1½” Marinepure Sphere: 240 sq ft
2" Marinepure Cube: 720 sq ft
8"x8"x1” Marinepure Block: 5,750 sq ft
8"x8"x4”Marinepure Block: 23,000 sq ft
Spheres & Cubes
MarinePure Spheres are small, spherical filtration media for use in canister and similar filtration systems. Perfect replacement for bioballs. They are available in 1½” diameters spheres or 2" cubes.
• over 100 times the surface area per cubic inch than any other biomedia such as bioballs
• Stays wet during power outages or pump failure which will keep your nitrating bacteria alive
• Perfect area for copepods and amphipods to thrive and reproduce
• Wet-dry filters