Chemi-Pure's original formula is the ultimate in simple and convenient chemical filtration to assist in maintaining clean, clear aquarium water.
By combining premium pelletized carbon with specialized ion-exchange resins and placing these inside of a fine-mesh nylon media bag, Chemi-Pure delivers a convenient and effective way to rapidly remove organic compounds and improve water clarity in your aquarium. The premium-grade carbon and ion-exchange resins are able to reduce dissolved wastes, odors, phenols, toxins, and medications including copper. Another benefit of the reduction of dissolved organics in the water column is a natural increase in REDOX, allowing for more efficient breakdown of solid wastes in the aquarium. This will have a positive effect on coral and fish health, assist in maintaining system stability, and improve the overall appearance of your aquarium.
- Now featuring QuickWash Carbon, a pelletized activated carbon that has 30% more surface area than their original carbon
- Carbon structure is harder and cleaner, reducing the potential of HLLE developing in your fish due to fine carbon dust particles
- Keeps aquariums crystal clear
- Removes dissolved organics
- Filters out coppers, metals, odors and phenol
Three Sizes Available:
- 5 oz (Treats up to 25 gallons)
- 10 oz (Treats up to 50 gallons)
- 40 oz (Treats up to 200 gallons)
Directions: Keep Chemi-pure sealed wet in container until ready for use. Rinse bag under running water for 5 to 10 seconds. Place bags into a high flow area of your sump, reactor, canister filter, or HOB filter. For best results, water should flow gently through the filter bag and media. Chemi-pure should be replaced approximately every 2-4 months depending on bio-load. If more than one Chemi-pure filter bag is used, change one at a time every week until all bags have been replaced.