Flaming Prawn Goby
Regular price $105.00
- Common Names: Flaming Prawn Goby, Spikefin Goby
- Latin Name: Discordipinna griessingeri
- Distribution: Flaming Prawn Gobies are naturally occurring in the Western Pacific Ocean, specifically in regions such as Indonesia, the Philippines, and Papua New Guinea.
- Max Size: They reach a maximum size of about 2 inches (5 centimetres).
- Temperature Range: Flaming Prawn Gobies thrive in water temperatures between 75°F and 82°F (24°C and 28°C).
- pH Range: They prefer a pH range of 8.1 to 8.4.
- KH Range: These gobies do well in a KH (carbonate hardness) range of 8 to 12 dKH.
- Care Level: Flaming Prawn Gobies require delicate care and attention, placing them at a moderate care level.
- Lighting Preference: They can adapt to a variety of lighting intensities and do not have specific lighting preferences.
- Preferred Food: Flaming Prawn Gobies are carnivorous and thrive on a diet consisting of small crustaceans, zooplankton, and frozen or live foods like brine shrimp and mysis shrimp.
- Behaviour: They are peaceful and social fish that can be kept in small groups. They spend their time hovering near the substrate and exploring crevices in search of food.
- Suitable for Reef Tanks: Yes, Flaming Prawn Gobies are suitable for reef tanks. They are generally reef-safe and do not disturb corals or other invertebrates.
- Interesting Facts: Flaming Prawn Gobies belong to the family Gobiidae, known as gobies, which is one of the largest families of fish.