|Multipurpose chemical filter media helps improve water quality and clarity|
|*||Highly adsorbent pads remove ammonia, heavy metals, phosphate, and more|
|*||Cut to any size or shape to fit any fresh or saltwater aquarium filter|
Highly adsorbent chemical filter media pads quickly and efficiently remove impurities, medications, and phosphate from aquarium water. Use in conventional power filters, undergravel filters, and the chemical filtration compartment of canister filters. Simply cut to any size or shape to custom fit any aquarium filter. Rapidly improves water clarity and actively removes harmful organic and various inorganic waste buildup for several months. Changes color to indicate the pollutants being removed and when Poly Filter is exhausted. Will not leach pollutants upon saturation. (See the Test Kit section for phosphate and copper test kits to help monitor levels.) Industrial grade 12" x 12" Poly Filter pad is stronger and more adsorbent. Used by researchers, hospitals, etc. A great size for wet/dry filters or larger canister filters where the smaller pad is just not enough. For freshwater and marine aquariums.
|Color||Pollutants Being Removed|
|Green||Free Copper ions|
|Brown||Normal organic load|
|Black||Heavy organic load|
Poly Filter Removes:
- Harmful Organics
- Toxic Ammonia and Nitrite
- Heavy Metals
- All Forms of Phosphate
- Medications after Treatment
Poly Filter Applications and Usage Instructions:
- Using the Poly Filter in Freshwater Applications: Add the Poly Filter at any time.
- Using the Poly Filter in Established Marine Systems: For maximum performance, add the Poly Filter in an area that receives good water flow. Make sure water can pass through the Poly Filter.
Using the Poly Filter in Established Marine and Freshwater Aquariums:
- For Conventional Power Filters: Place the Poly Filter in cartridge slots.
- Plastic Undergravel Filters: Place the Poly Filter on top of the undergravel plate. Cover filter and plate with gravel.
- Canister Filters: Place the Poly Filter in the chemical filter compartment.
- Medication Removal (parasite and antibiotic treatments containing copper): Remove the Poly Filter from the water before any type of medication is added. Follow medication instructions issued by the manufacturer. After treatment is complete, place the Poly Filter back in the water to remove traces of medication. Test the water for safe levels. When safe, remove the discolored Poly Filter, allow to dry and save it for the next medication. Place a new Poly Filter in the water for removal of conventional organics and water purification.
- Adding Vitamins and Trace Minerals: Remove the Poly Filter from the water before adding vitamins or trace elements. After 12 hours, place the Poly Filter back in the water. The Poly Filter will not remove trace elements included in marine salt mixtures.
General Maintenance Comments: Poly-Filter turns color when removing medications. Aqua to Dark Blue: Copper or Copper Salts. Orange: Iron. Bright Red: Aluminum. Bright Yellow: Ammonia, Amines or Solvents. Dyes: Color of the solution when added i.e. Methylene Blue: Pale Blue. Malachite Green: Light Green. Tannins/Humic acid: Dark Brown. Organic Wastes: Light Tan progressing to Dark Brown. Poly-Filter extends time between water changes. Add de-chlorinated water to make up for evaporation loss. If pH shifts below acceptable level, change water and add a new Poly-Filter. Heavy slime producing water conditioners can surface coat Poly-Filter and interfere with absorption performance. In Marine water, soak in 3% hydrogen peroxide then rinse well in fresh water. In Freshwater, soak in 10% salt water solution then rinse well in fresh water.
NOTE: Poly Filter will not soften water or remove trace minerals.
Poly Filter is for filtering and purifying both fresh and saltwater aquariums. It is a formulation of a special patented material bonded to a synthetic matrix that can absorb and adsorb contaminants and other toxic materials. Poly Filter is nontoxic and harmless to biological filtration because it allows a sufficient amount of ammonia to reach the biological filter to sustain the bacteria culture. Provides a supplemental means of removing ammonia when the biological filter is unable to break down the excess ammonia.